Monday, October 15, 2012

3...2...1...NEW YORK CITY HERE WE COME!!!

Dear Caitlin, 
     I miss you more every day.  After we Skyped last night, I realized even more how much I miss you and also how very quiet it is around here with everyone gone.  But then I just focused on getting to Thursday!  Yippee, Yahoo and all that stuff!!!  We will FINALLY be meeting you in NYC and I couldn't be more excited.

     I know that Caki and Tabitha are excited about the trip too.  They are both planning on coming out here to spend the night with me Wednesday night so we can get to the airport early for that 6 a.m. flight.  But just think...by about 12:30, we will all be together in The Big Apple!  In preparation for our departure, I decided to make out a little itinerary for us...well, let's say I jotted down a bunch of things I want us to do while we are there.  Among those things, of course, is to eat at some yummy places.  I made a reservation today for us at The Boathouse.  It is in Central Park and if you remember correctly, it was featured in the movie, "27 Dresses".  I also plan on us taking a carriage ride through Central Park and then getting out and doing some walking there.  Central Park is much larger than anyone would suspect and it should just be beautiful during this time of year when the leaves are falling and changing colors.  The other place that I made reservations at is Serendipity.  This place is really featured for their WONDERFUL desserts but they won't allow you to make reservations just for dessert, so I worked around that little issue.  HEY!  We didn't want to stand in line for possibly an hour just to get dessert, now did we?!  I went ahead and made a dinner reservation for us there (didn't even know they served meals there...) and then we can get our meal AND a delicious dessert!

When I was in town today I went ahead and bought you a pair of those maternity James Skinny Jeans.  I was told that they fit really well; I hope they do and you like them.  I also picked up a few more tops for you to wear.  HEY...Didn't I do the exact thing the last time I visited you in Ohio?!  No wonder my suitcase is always overweight.

Dad and Justin made it to Newfoundland and said the wind was blowing about 60 mph and it was snowing last night.  Today was supposed to be their first day to hunt so I am anxious to see how they did.  However, I have no idea what we would do with a moose or a bear!

Tomorrow I will be driving to Shreveport.  I'm sure you heard one of the dogs chewed my night guard to pieces (sigh...).  Well, apparently I am in luck because when I called the office to tell them about it, they told me that they had another one made for me there!  I told them I would take an appointment at whatever time I could get one, so I decided to see if Mam-Maw wanted to get out of the house and ride with me there.  My appointment isn't until 3:00 so we are going to leave early enough to eat lunch while we are there.  And speaking of lunch, Allison stopped by and had lunch with me as she was passing through town on her way to Ryan's.  I thought that was really sweet of her to call me.  We talked about wedding stuff and I can tell she is getting excited...I am too!

Well, I suppose I should go upstairs and get my suitcase out and start packing it.  But you know me; I tend to wait until the last minute and then just throw some stuff in there.  Just wanted to write you a quick note.  I can't WAIT to see you (and Baby Jarrell!).  I love you to the moon and back...
                                                                                                                             Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment