Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just A Note Before The Storm Hits...

Dear Caitlin,
     I thought I would write a quick note before this storm hits Louisiana.  You know that our electricity goes out during a regular thunderstorm and I'm not really sure what Isaac will bring for us.  David and Ryan made it in last night and will be here until the officials in their programs say they have to return to New Orleans.  I bought water and other items yesterday and today to prepare for whatever comes our way but I really hope we don't lose electricity and I also that there will be no threat of tornadoes during the next couple of days.  You know Sissy and Annie don't like to go outside when it is even sprinkling so they are definitely going to hate this!

How have you been feeling?  Better, I hope.  Guess what I did...I put the beginning of each new month of your pregnancy on my cell phone calendar! (ha ha!)  SO...Thursday "Baby Jarrell" will be at the 9 week point in your belly and this is what I found out about him/her:
     Your little one is about 1 inch long; the size of a grape
      Its little eyes have formed but they are fused shut; they won't open until 27 weeks
      Its embryonic tail is gone
      The heart finishes dividing into 4 chambers and the valves begin to form
      The external sex organs are there...but you won't be able to see them for a few more weeks
      It has earlobes and the mouth, nose and nostrils are more distinct
     
I am SO excited!  Can you tell?!  Although I only want a healthy baby I must admit that I am anxious to find out if it is a boy or girl.  Parker will be such a good cousin; I can't wait to see her with "Baby Jarrell"!  Have you been reading those books I bought you when I was there?...





As you know, we had Parker's 2nd birthday party Saturday.  She LOVED EVERYTHING about it.  Of course, it was a DORA PARTY!  Here are a few pictures and videos of it...

                                      Here is her trying out the gift you and the boys got her!

                                                Here's the kitchen that Dad and I gave her. 


                                                     Can you tell how much she liked it?!

            And look at her cute "Birthday Outfit"!  Sarah ordered the shirt and made the tutu.

And here is the hand print picture that Justin, Sarah and Parker made in San Diego last summer.  I finally had it framed to hang in her room!

But this is probably my favorite video.  She REALLY liked her cupcakes...I think she ate 4 that day!

Well, I just wanted to check on you and send you this note because if we do lose our electricity tomorrow, I won't be able to talk to you (I'm sure we will lose cell service too).  I hope your morning sickness starts to get better.  I love you and miss you (MORE!).
                                                                                                       Love,
                                                                                                        Mom

P.S.  I almost took the brown flip-flops back when I was there and you convinced me not to, however
        it will soon be too cold for you to wear them there so I'm considering swiping them when I
        return!














     
      
     


    

No comments:

Post a Comment