Sunday, August 5, 2012

Jet Lag And A Sick Baby...

Dear Caitlin,
     Well, as you know, I've been pretty busy for the past week.  Dad and I decided to beat the heat here and head to San Francisco for a few days with Doug and Sandra.  We had a GREAT time and the weather was a much needed break for us...OK, with the exception of a side trip we took to Yosemite; it was HOT there!

                                                            Waiting for a trolley car ride...

This picture was taken just before we got on our guided tour tram of Yosemite.  I was smiling because a small breeze had just swept over me (notice how inappropriately I'm dressed...) and I said, "Thank you, sweet Jesus, for sending that breeze!"  Dad said that sounded like Mam-Maw Parker...

Dad settled for rolling his pants up...taking his shoes off...and pouring water over his head.  He was really wishing for his pocket knife to cut those pants off, but you know he couldn't take that on the plane...thus the rolling up of the pants!

       Regardless of how hot Yosemite was, it was still as beautiful as I had remembered.

And, of course, no trip to to San Francisco would be complete without a visit to wine country; Day 3 found us in Napa!

I HAD to have Dad take my picture in front of this poster at one of the vineyards since we LOVE that movie!

                        There WILL be shipments of some wonderful wines arriving soon!

                                     AND a box of great yarns and knitting patterns too...

We got back late Thursday night, just in time to watch Parker Ann for the weekend while Justin and Sarah went to New Orleans with some friends.  What we didn't expect, however, was that Parker would get sick with a stomach virus.  After a fun time swimming Saturday morning, she and I headed out to visit Mam-Maw, Caki and Rylee (I hope none of us get that nasty virus...) and all of a sudden she got really sick....

                         This is the new swimsuit Dad bought Parker in California...Cute, huh?!

                                                       Parker was having fun playing one minute...

                                         And the next, we could tell something was wrong...

                          The rest of the day she had to drink Sprite and eat jello and Popsicles.

Dad felt so bad about her being sick that he had to give her one of her birthday presents early.  As you can see, it definitely made her feel better!

OH...And did I mention that Annie was also sick when I picked Sissy and her up from the vet?  Yea, so while cleaning up after a sick baby, I was also cleaning up after a sick dog (who was being quarantined in my bathroom) AND suffering from a good bit of jet lag (sigh...).  Sissy, however, has enjoyed sleeping on the foot of my bed while poor Annie has been sick.

Justin and Sarah have just left with Parker and I am finally able to sit down and rest for a minute.  But you know how that get past that really tired stage and then you can't even catch a cat nap.  Oh well, I plan on staying home most of the day tomorrow and catching up on my laundry while watching all of my taped television shows from last week.  It's only a week and a half until I will FINALLY get to come see you!  I am so excited to get there and just hang out with you and explore your new city.  I am going to sign off now, though since Dad is cooking us some supper...maybe the wonderful smell will lull me to sleep for a few minutes!

I love you and MISS YOU MORE!!!


  1. I came upon your blog and can relate to you missing your daughter. My oldest is in Okinawa and it has been very difficult being away from each other. Now my son is a senior this year and I will be sending him off before I know it. :(. Why do they have to grow Up so fast???

  2. WOW! Okinawa; that would really do me in. It seems like only yesterday that they were babies...