Friday, August 10, 2012

Just A Skip, Hop And Jump Away!

Dear Caitlin,
     Well, it's just a skip, hop and jump away...my visit to see you, that is!  This time next week I will be headed to Cleveland to see you and can I just tell you, I CAN'T WAIT!

Since coming home from California, Dad and I have not stopped.  We have been in New Orleans since Tuesday, staying with David this trip.  It has actually been a nice little side trip for me because I have gotten to sleep in every morning, get up and write a little and then hit the town to explore.  Wish you were here with us, though.  I found a great nail shop on Magazine Street where Codi and I got manis and pedis...

            But don't worry...I will find YOU a nail spa there in Cleveland too when I visit!

I talked to the new vet's office yesterday and Annie will finally be able to come home this weekend.  Poor baby, she has been SO sick; she was on an IV for 3 days!  But they told me she is better now and ready to come home.  I know that Sissy will be happy to see her too!  I just wish there was some way to bring them with me to your house, but I know that isn't possible.  Maybe I could hire a doggie sitter for them so they don't have to leave home.

This was when I brought them home from boarding the other day...before I knew Annie was so sick and going to have to spend the week in the Pet Hospital.


Did you get the invitation to Parker's birthday party?  It is so cute with her picture on it...and DORA, of course.  I've really got to get on the ball and get her kitchen before I leave for your house; I think she is going to LOVE pretend cooking in it.  Maybe we can shop for her present from you while I'm visiting.  And we will definitely SKYPE for her birthday party.  Can you believe she will be going to school 2 days a week this fall?!  She's just growing up WAY TOO FAST!

  How CUTE is she in her pajamas and swim hat?!  She STILL loves playing with that little farm.


Well, I have a pretty big surprise for you...Do you remember Ms. Judy who used to paint with me?  She has Red Door Art.  The studio has moved over on the road by Haverty's now and she contacted me this week to see if I would like to take a studio space there!  I'm going to go by there Saturday when I get home to look at it, but am pretty sure that is where I will be painting and writing from now on!  How exciting is that?!

We have had fun while here in New Orleans, but it has rained every day.  Oh, I'm not complaining since it has kept things cooled off...

                                               Yesterday, there was actually flash flooding.

                  So after a yummy lunch at Le Madeleine, just around the corner...

                                     We all found that it was the perfect time for a nap!

However, after nap time, Dad thought it was a great time to teach David how to make home made pizza!  He did a good job and dinner was delicious!


Most days after the rain, we have gotten out to eat at some pretty good places here in New Orleans, though...












                                                           This is a whole red fish!
                                                  And Double Chocolate Bread Pudding!

And then we INSISTED that Dad take us down to Sucre' for a sweet treat last night.  This place has been featured on the Food Network...




                                               Dad trying to decide what he will have...





                       Well, needless to say we had some VERY YUMMY treats there!


Dad is working for a while this morning and will be back to get me soon so I better get up and get dressed.  I couldn't go down to the French Quarters yesterday because of all the flash flooding but am planning to do so before we head home.  I am planning on going to the little knitting shop down there because the owner is going to teach me a new technique (which I hope to pass on to you...) I am excited about learning.

I will try to write again before we leave next week.  The longer you are gone, the more I miss you (sad face here...).  I love you and am counting down the days until I get to see your face in person!
                                                                                                                   Mom
                                            












No comments:

Post a Comment