Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Care Package On The Way!!!

Dear Caitlin,
     I sort of figured that you would be getting homesick by now.  I knew that Kevin starting work would leave you home a lot by yourself.  I wish I was there to help you decorate too...AND, of course, keep you company!  However, since I'm not there with you, I decided to send you a little care package.  YEP!  Remember all of those care packages I sent to you that semester you lived in D.C.?  Well, look for one TODAY...I shipped it overnight UPS!  Call me after you get it; I hope you like all the goodies I sent you.  Oh, and by the way...when I filled out the UPS slip, I realized that was the first time I had written you new last name; not so sure how I feel about that.

I hit the ground running Monday morning; I had a lot to do in a very little time period.  So, after grabbing some breakfast, I hit the gym (I love that I have one here now...), showered and then headed to town to run some errands.  You know I can't stand having a busy Monday; I like sitting around in my pajamas, folding clothes and such for at least half of the day.  But, you see, I had to be in Natchitoches by 2 to baby-sit Parker while Sarah went to the doctor again.  Parker Ann (Did I tell you that she calls herself that now?) was sleeping but by the time I left she had woke up.  Here is a picture of her feeding Bitty Baby...



You know the worst part about going there?  It's the "toilet situation".  Now, I realize that YOU are a great example of why having a toilet lock is a good idea (since you once shared a toilet water tea party with your dad...), however, I can NEVER figure this thing out!



Therefore, when I had to go to the bathroom, I had to fight Mia (who was in Sarah's bathroom so her barking wouldn't wake Parker up...) off just to pee!

Well, I headed back home after watching Parker; I had some laundry and dishes to do before I started packing for the lake house.  We will be going there today and not coming back until Sunday.  Aunt Cindy and Uncle Clint will be in some time tomorrow afternoon and apparently Josh and Lana are coming too!  I do love going there for the 4th, but I'm going to REALLY MISS YOU (MORE!!!) not being there this year.  So, I have decided that no matter what, next year you are going to be here for our 4th of July celebration.

I can't wait for you to be here in a couple of weeks.  I know that you have to work during the day but that's OK...I will still get to hang out with you every evening.  And we can stay at the lake and get Dad to take us for boat ride every afternoon.  Doesn't THAT sound like a plan?  While you are here, Dad and I will also decide when we can come visit you in August too (smile here...).

I LOVED opening my mailbox and getting my first piece of "snail mail" from you yesterday!  I will be sending you more too.  Caki and Gayle said they would also send letters.  I know it's not much but it's something to look forward to while you are so far away.  I miss you and love you very much!  Let's Skype soon!
                         Mom

P.S.  Since you are getting a little homesick, I thought I would send you some "smiles"...

                               I know that Rylee Bug would LOVE to come with me to see you!

                                                                  And so would Caki!

      I will have to take you to see Mam-Maw when you come in to visit in a couple of weeks.

                                     And I'm sure Mimi will drive to the lake to see you too.

                                         And let's not forget Pa Pa...and his 2 little puppies!

                  Dad, of course, will get to enjoy having you with us ALL WEEK LONG!

I'm not sure when we will ALL be able to be together again...Let's shoot for Christmas!  Anything before then will be a "gift".






No comments:

Post a Comment