Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saying Good-Bye Stinks!

Dear Caitlin,
     Well, I have been up since 4 a.m., when it was time to get ready to take you to the airport this morning.  It was wonderful just having you here with us this week.  I know we didn't get to "do" a lot since you worked almost every day but yesterday was a great "hanging out" day.  I had my "pool buddy" back and enjoyed floating around the pool while having someone to talk to.  AND I'm quite sure I won't be having fried okra and fresh cucumber and tomatoes for lunch again any time soon!  But YUMMY...weren't they good?!




And, of course, catching up on watching my taped episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey with you was fun (and entertaining...).  But now that you are on a plane headed back to Cleveland, I find it so quiet here...

I came home after dropping you off (at 5 a.m....) and was not able to climb back into bed and sleep any more; I'm sure that will catch up with me soon after lunch time today and I will be in desperate need of a nap.  I'm thinking that if it doesn't rain today, I will take that nap out by the pool.  So, when I got back home shortly after 5, I flipped on the T.V. and got started on my laundry...



Dad had to get up at 6 to head out to work for a while and I have also considered getting my watercolors out and working on those sketches of my doxies today.  Usually on a lazy day like this, when I really don't have anything planned, I would consider heading over to the movie theatre to see a show.  However, in the light of the shootings in Colorado, I'm a little wary of doing that.  It's not that I think anything like would happen here, but I'm sure those people in Colorado never thought twice about going to the theatre that night either.

Saying good-bye stinks but I suppose I better get used to it since I will be doing it for the next 5 years (sad face here...).  I am, however, really excited about my first trip to your new home in August!  I'm also pretty excited that we will get to spend a couple of days in Chicago together before heading to Cleveland. I've only been there once and almost froze to death...SURELY the weather will just be pleasant this time of year and cooler than it has been here.

Well, I guess I should go ahead and eat my breakfast and get out to the gym to get my work-out in for the day.  Here are a few things I'm going to try to do to stay busy this week:

Work out every day
Skype you
Clean out and organize the pantry (ugh...terrible task but necessary)
Text you
Do laundry
Call You
Start a new knitting project (actually restart it; I think Parker took the needles out of it)
Text You
Do MORE laundry (ugh...it NEVER ends!)
Clean out my office (another daunting but necessary task...)
Text You again
Baby-sit Parker
MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!

Oh well...I'm gonna attempt to stay busy; at least I am starting out with a plan, right?!

I LOVED having you home and cannot WAIT to get to see you again in a few weeks!

                                                                                                Love you and miss you MORE,
                                                                                                                       Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment