Monday, June 25, 2012

So Sad To See You Go...

Dear Caitlin,
     I am so glad that you and Kevin were able to come to the beach with us.  Even though we had some drama going on, I wouldn't have it any other way to have my whole family with me for a week.  I'm glad that I got up early before you left for the airport on Saturday morning to have breakfast with you.  However, as I watched that car pull out of the driveway and head down the street, I felt sad all over again.  I couldn't concentrate on that thought though because we had to pack up to head home.  And packing up to LEAVE vacation was not nearly as fun as packing to go TO vacation...BUT we finally got on the road around 10. 

Justin, Sarah and Parker followed us in one car and Ryan and Allison in another.  We stopped for lunch in Gulf Port.  I had been feeling sick for some reason all day and was just ready to get home; that's when we decided to take a detour.  While Justin and Sarah continued on to Natchitoches, we stopped off in New Orleans to help David and Codi look for an apartment. It was SO HOT back in da boot!  So hot I could barely breathe.  But I think David and Codi have found a place; it is really nice and in an area close to shopping and dining and it's gated too which makes it safe.  After that task was complete, we went over to Ryan's where we would spend the night.  However, everyone was ready to eat by that time and we went to a little pizza place close to his apartment called, Mama Mea's.  I ordered a veggie pizza and it was the BEST one I have ever had.  After dinner we drove not too far to a place called the Creole Creamery; they had delicious ice cream, and I am sorry to say that it must have been a combination of me feeling sick most of the day and the pizza and ice cream that made me really sick by the time we got back to Ryan's apartment.  I took some medicine, climbed into that guest bed of his and slept like a baby (well...not like a baby, since they don't sleep).

When I woke up Sunday morning I was feeling much better and Dad found this cute little place that we had never been to,  Canal Bistro, to have breakfast.  You know, I LOVE having breakfast in New Orleans.  The restaurants are so unique and the dining experience there is like nowhere else in the world.  I had the most fabulous glass of fresh squeezed orange juice I have ever tasted; this place makes all kinds of fresh juices!  And I ordered the Belgium Waffles with fresh strawberries...and of course, a side order of grits that were prepared just perfectly!  After our bellies were full, it was time to hit the road towards home.

It was during that ride home that I really had more time to think and suddenly got quiet.  Dad wanted to know what was wrong with me and I said, "Nothing".  He knew that wasn't true and continued to prod me until I told him how lonely I was going to be this summer.  If I wanted to take in an afternoon movie, this would be the first summer I wouldn't have anybody to go with me.  And shopping...who wants to shop alone?  I just had a sad moment there.  And so, as usual, he made a plan for my Sunday afternoon to make me feel better.  First we went to the mall, where he bought me a new pair of Miss Me Jeans and shorts, along with some really cute shirts.  Then, we headed to the movie theatre to see The Avengers.  It had worked for the time being...he had taken my mind off of my loneliness.

I have so much to do today; I have already been to the doctor for an appointment at 8, cleaned my car out from the trip, am about to head to town to wash and vacuum it, pick up the dogs from the vet and then come back home and begin unpacking suitcases and washing laundry.  I suppose it won't be bad staying inside for most of the day since our temperatures here are pretty close to 100!

I can't wait for your next visit in July!  Call me later this afternoon and let's Skype.  I love you and miss you every day...

                                                           I LOVE this picture of us!
                                                                                                                           Love,
                                                                                                                             Mom

P.S.  How do you like the new blog design?!

No comments:

Post a Comment