Saturday, June 30, 2012

You Might Have My Pajama Pants, But I'm Wearing Your Flip-Flops!

Dear Caitlin,
     I know you told me that you took a pair of my pajama pants with you to Cleveland so you could wear them when you were lonesome for me.  Well, guess what I found yesterday?  I found your brown flip-flops in my closet!  You know the ones I'm talking about; the ones you always love to wear.  I don't know how you got off without them, but I'm wearing them now.  YEP!  They make me think of you (smile here...).

                                              I'm glad you left these; they are really comfy!

I didn't get out of the house as early as I thought I would Friday since I slept in pretty late and then got on the computer to write you a letter.  And then, Sarah had to go to the doctor and I met her there to help with Parker.  I quickly packed my "Ya Ya Bag", which contained all of the important things one brings to keep an almost 2 year old entertained:  my i-pad with her games on it, Ritz Crackers, diapers, wipes, apples juice and the really big gun...a chocolate brownie!  Well, as fate would have it, I had to bring "The Big Gun" out first.  I had just gotten there and was playing an i-pad game with Parker when the doctor came in and she took one look at him and began to scream!  Of course, I immediately reached for that chocolate brownie; HEY!  I know what will calm a girl down!  And it did the trick.  By the time we finished there and grabbed a sandwich from Subway (I know...I was scared to eat that since I swallowed my partial in the last one), I FINALLY headed to the nail shop.

When I got to the nail shop, it was really busy by then but I was determined to get my nails done.  They seem to be hiring new people all the time there and I was sort of shocked when I walked in and an older white man asked if he could help me.  Hmmm...I just stood there for a minute and waited for some oriental person to ask the same question; surely that guy was not a new employee.  Well, apparently he was (although I never saw him doing nails...).  He did, however, start the water for my pedicure and that worried me a little bit.  I didn't want him doing my pedicure...I wanted one of the orientals!  Strange, I know, but I'm sure you understand.  Anyway, in the end I did get an oriental and I was happy!  Happier still that I chose YOUR favorite OPI polish color to have my nails done with...Bubble Bath.

 I know...I have never used this color before but it made me think of you.  I like it too and think I will use it again!


I forgot to tell you that when I left this morning, Ryan had begun to clean his closet out.  Hours later when I returned, he was still at it.  This inspired me and I decided to start on mine too.  In the middle of cleaning it out, Parker woke up from her nap and I had to get her a snack (her new favorite is ice cream sandwiches...).  Then she decided to "Help Me".  Well, her "helping me" consisted of her getting into the little piles of stuff I had laying around on the floor.  Look what happened when she found some make-up...



After Sarah and Parker headed home, Dad and I decided to just order pizza for dinner; did I tell you that there is finally a place that delivers way out here now?  Ryan was STILL cleaning his closet and room out!  That had been an all day task for him but I was happy since I wouldn't have to do it now (BIG smile here...).

Well, I am planning on having a day out with Caki today and will take plenty of pictures for you to get to see what all we did.  I will really miss you getting to go with us but look so forward to the week you will be here!  I miss you BUNCHES and love you SO MUCH!
                                                                                                                Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment