Sunday, June 17, 2012

WOW! What A LONG Day...

Dear Caitlin,
     We made it to our beach house rental around 7 p.m. last night.  What started out to be a day full of excitement, ended with some pretty tired travelers.  I REALLY missed you while driving here today...YES!  You KNOW I had a few "directional problems".  OK...well,  here's what happened.  First, let me say that I would like to blame my woes on the GPS system in my vehicle...AGAIN!  The first thing that happened was that, as usual, I put the address into the system and I followed it just like it said.  When it got time to make my exit toward Baton Rouge, it said to go straight...so I did.  I thought it was just going to loop me around another way.  Well, it did; I ended up in Lafayette...and then it sent me BACK to Baton Rouge (ugh!).  Thankfully, it only cost me about 15 minutes in time.  While there, we just decided to go ahead and eat at Jason's Deli.  Parker sure enjoyed some ice cream there...



We got back on the road and I must say that Parker sure enjoyed that DVD player I bought for the car; she watched Dora all the way here; basically she just ate and watched Dora all day!  She really did very good for such a long ride.  However, by the end of the drive she appeared to be deliriously tired.  She would just randomly say our names while STILL watching Dora...Ya Yaaaaaa (she would drag it out...).  And, of course, we are all singing, "We did it, We did it, We did it, YAY!"

When we got here, Sarah, Codi and I quickly checked everything out and grabbed our rooms.  The house is very nice; 3 story, with balconies on every floor and outside each bedroom.  There's an elevator in the house too!  I think I'm going to need it because walking up and down those stairs is already wearing me out.



By the time we got here, we were all hungry but the grill had already closed so we started searching the kitchen for take-out menus; it was quite a ways back to town.  We finally found a pizza place that delivered out here but didn't get our food until around 10:00.  This morning we made a trip into town to buy groceries.  I bought plenty too since this place is so far out of town.





I brought the suitcases that you and Kevin packed before you left...the back of my car was packed to the roof!  But, HEY...I think we have EVERYTHING.







Well, I can't wait for y'all to get here on Monday!  Be sure to let me know what time your plane gets in.  I will be saving you a place out on my balcony to sit with me in the mornings so we can talk and make plans for our lazy days here at the beach.
                                                                               I love you and can't wait for you to get here!
                                                                                                                  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment